Splash the cash or settle for the status quo? Norwich City gear up for deadline day madness
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Eyes down for Norwich City's deadline day transfer whirl.
City were touted with a reported £6m move for Wigan's Yanic Wildschut on Monday night, matched by Championship rivals Derby County, but the Latics are desperate to keep hold of the left-sided player.
Fellow Dutchman, Mitchell Dijks, looks poised to join on loan from Ajax and Robbie Brady continues to be touted with a move in the opposite direction.
Alex Neil maintains he wants to improve his squad ahead of Tuesday's 11pm deadline but getting deals done is likely to hinge on Brady's club record sale.
Sergi Canos has also been linked with a Carrow Road exit as Brentford weigh up whether to test City's resolve, but it is the Republic of Ireland international's future that will dictate whether Neil can make a splash or settle for the status quo.
Burnley have led the chase for Brady but Clarets' counterpart Sean Dyche was giving nothing away on Monday.
'There's a couple of situations which we hope will open and get done but there are no guarantees of course,' he said. 'There's a lot of players that we're interested in, we'll wait and see if we get any of them over the line.'
- 1 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 2 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 3 Norwich firm part of growing number of businesses working four day weeks
- 4 Holiday Inn to become 'care hotel' to help struggling hospitals
- 5 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears
- 6 Teenager died of injuries six days after crash
- 7 One of East Anglia's largest property builders is sold to investment firm
- 8 John Lewis CCTV footage leads to Norwich gun arrests
- 9 A year on: Tributes to teacher who died following tumour diagnosis
- 10 1920s bungalow up for sale in one of the Broads' most sought-after villages
Neil refused to be drawn on weekend reports of interest in Wildschut, who appears to be high on his target list, despite Wigan's determination to hold onto their prized asset.
Barnsley centre back Angus MacDonald is another who Neil has tracked, while the Scot hinted he may need short term cover in central midfield with a growing injury list, and Alex Tettey one booking away from a two-match ban.
The only guarantee is you can keep informed of the breaking news on our live blog at pinkun.com.
Our sports writers will be all across any developments out of Carrow Road and across the wider football world. You can interact with them during the day and we will be first with all the key developments.
Watch the latest video bulletins on our Pink Un facebook page during the course of the day, before Mustard TV take over with a live show right up to the 11pm deadline.
The programme, featuring City legend Darren Eadie, on freeview channel seven or via Mustard TV's Youtube channel. We will also be across social media and bring you the best analysis and reaction on what happens at Carrow Road in the Evening News and EDP on Wednesday.