Southampton v Norwich City: Player ratings
Player ratings for both Norwich City and Southampton following their Premier League clash.
• Norwich City:
7 Mark Bunn: Assured full Premier League debut for club. One excellent stop from Puncheon.
6 Steven Whittaker: Ding-dong battle with Adam Lallana. Got forward much more second half.
7 Ryan Bennett: Excellent reading of the game. Gave as good as he took from Rickie Lambert. Quality.
- 1 Café serving produce fresh from its farm opens in north Norfolk
- 2 Flames grip barn in north Norfolk
- 3 Fewer than half of village's homes occupied by full-time residents
- 4 'Quirky' two-bed cottage in Wymondham on sale for £350k
- 5 Norwich's 'hidden' church added to at risk list
- 6 7 major events to look forward to in Norfolk in July
- 7 West Norfolk town centre road closed following two-vehicle crash
- 8 Parked cars prevent buses from serving north Norfolk village
- 9 'Significant construction' on A47 to begin in 2023
- 10 Need for extension could mean Norwich roadworks continue for longer
7 Sebastien Bassong: Less talismanic than his Everton stint but no less authoritative.
6 Javier Garrido: Difficult customer in Jason Puncheon but gamely stuck to the task. Quality delivery as usual.
7 Alex Tettey: The Norwegian at his marauding best. Dragged City back into the contest. Fearsome.
6 Bradley Johnson: Key figure in helping disrupt Saints during their best work. Ranged forward as well.
7 Robert Snodgrass: Notched the goal with the aid of Saints' keeper. Constant outlet in attack.
7 Wes Hoolahan: Grew into the game along with his team-mates. Fantastic appetite for work.
6 Anthony Pilkington: Very lively shift from the wide player. Disciplined to help out Javier Garrido.
6 Grant Holt: Took plenty of stick from the Saints fans, but music to the skipper's ears.
Subs: Steve Morison (for Holt) 5, Elliott Bennett (for Snodgrass) 5, Jonny Howson (for Hoolahan) 5
5 Paulo Gazzaniga: He was left red-faced by the error for the Canaries' equaliser.
7 Nathaniel Clyne: Still looks a good prospect but gave away the crucial free-kick.
6 Jose Fonte: A formidable figure though he is less impressive on the ground.
6 Maya Yoshida: The centre-back made one or two timely challenges at the back.
6 Luke Shaw: Looked good going forward but Snodgrass kept him occupied.
6 Jack Cork: Some good work in midfield as the Saints pressed for a winner.
6 Morgan Schneiderlin: He has a tendency to go down rather a lot for such a big player.
7 Jason Puncheon: Looked threatening around the City area without the end product.
6 Gaston Ramirez: Hard to see what the fuss was about with the �12m signing.
8 Adam Lallana: Best player on the field and at the heart of Saints' best moves.
7 Rickie Lambert: Another goal to his tally, looked good in other areas of the pitch.
Subs: Ben Reeves (for Shaw) 5, Jay Rodriguez (for Puncheon) 5