Southampton v Norwich City: Player ratings
Player ratings for both Norwich City and Southampton following their Premier League clash.
• Norwich City:
7 Mark Bunn: Assured full Premier League debut for club. One excellent stop from Puncheon.
You may also want to watch:
6 Steven Whittaker: Ding-dong battle with Adam Lallana. Got forward much more second half.
7 Ryan Bennett: Excellent reading of the game. Gave as good as he took from Rickie Lambert. Quality.
- 1 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 2 Man put hidden camera in bedroom to spy on wife
- 3 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 4 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 5 Driver taken to hospital after four-car crash on key road into Norwich
- 6 Man in critical condition after being stabbed in Thetford
- 7 Linnets turn down £100,000 bid for midfielder
- 8 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 9 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 10 Norfolk social worker loses race discrimination case
7 Sebastien Bassong: Less talismanic than his Everton stint but no less authoritative.
6 Javier Garrido: Difficult customer in Jason Puncheon but gamely stuck to the task. Quality delivery as usual.
7 Alex Tettey: The Norwegian at his marauding best. Dragged City back into the contest. Fearsome.
6 Bradley Johnson: Key figure in helping disrupt Saints during their best work. Ranged forward as well.
7 Robert Snodgrass: Notched the goal with the aid of Saints' keeper. Constant outlet in attack.
7 Wes Hoolahan: Grew into the game along with his team-mates. Fantastic appetite for work.
6 Anthony Pilkington: Very lively shift from the wide player. Disciplined to help out Javier Garrido.
6 Grant Holt: Took plenty of stick from the Saints fans, but music to the skipper's ears.
Subs: Steve Morison (for Holt) 5, Elliott Bennett (for Snodgrass) 5, Jonny Howson (for Hoolahan) 5
5 Paulo Gazzaniga: He was left red-faced by the error for the Canaries' equaliser.
7 Nathaniel Clyne: Still looks a good prospect but gave away the crucial free-kick.
6 Jose Fonte: A formidable figure though he is less impressive on the ground.
6 Maya Yoshida: The centre-back made one or two timely challenges at the back.
6 Luke Shaw: Looked good going forward but Snodgrass kept him occupied.
6 Jack Cork: Some good work in midfield as the Saints pressed for a winner.
6 Morgan Schneiderlin: He has a tendency to go down rather a lot for such a big player.
7 Jason Puncheon: Looked threatening around the City area without the end product.
6 Gaston Ramirez: Hard to see what the fuss was about with the �12m signing.
8 Adam Lallana: Best player on the field and at the heart of Saints' best moves.
7 Rickie Lambert: Another goal to his tally, looked good in other areas of the pitch.
Subs: Ben Reeves (for Shaw) 5, Jay Rodriguez (for Puncheon) 5