‘It was anyone’s game. It could have finished 4-4’ – City fans worried after defeat in Sheffield
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Worries about taking one point from the opening three Championship matches of the season are obvious among Norwich City supporters following this afternoon's 2-1 defeat at Sheffield United.
John Egan had headed the hosts in front from a corner in the ninth minute but the Canaries dug in and found a deserved equaliser through Jordan Rhodes in the 26th minute, teed up by Onel Hernandez.
Both sides missed big chances during the second half, with Chris Basham and Egan going close with headers for United, Rhodes hitting the post for City and Moritz Leitner wasting a golden one-on-one chance.
But Billy Sharp popped up in the third minute of injury time to prod home David McGoldrick's knock-down at the back post and snatch a dramatic victory.
The defeat followed last weekend's dramatic 4-3 home loss to West Brom and a 2-2 draw at Birmingham on the opening day, in the league, and a hard-fought 3-1 win over League Two side Stevenage during midweek.
- 1 Carriageway of A11 closed after air ambulance called to crash
- 2 Drink driving teacher crashed into church wall with baby in car
- 3 Man dies after collapsing during dog walk in Norfolk village
- 4 Michael Bublé concert bans chairs and blankets from gig
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages in north Norfolk
- 6 Norwich Airport TUI flight delayed by 42 hours
- 7 Fire crews called to vehicle blaze on A47
- 8 A47 reopens after serious crash near Swaffham
- 9 11 indulgent spa getaways in East Anglia
- 10 Investigations continuing after man suffers serious injuries in crash