‘It was anyone’s game. It could have finished 4-4’ – City fans worried after defeat in Sheffield
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Worries about taking one point from the opening three Championship matches of the season are obvious among Norwich City supporters following this afternoon's 2-1 defeat at Sheffield United.
John Egan had headed the hosts in front from a corner in the ninth minute but the Canaries dug in and found a deserved equaliser through Jordan Rhodes in the 26th minute, teed up by Onel Hernandez.
Both sides missed big chances during the second half, with Chris Basham and Egan going close with headers for United, Rhodes hitting the post for City and Moritz Leitner wasting a golden one-on-one chance.
But Billy Sharp popped up in the third minute of injury time to prod home David McGoldrick's knock-down at the back post and snatch a dramatic victory.
The defeat followed last weekend's dramatic 4-3 home loss to West Brom and a 2-2 draw at Birmingham on the opening day, in the league, and a hard-fought 3-1 win over League Two side Stevenage during midweek.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- 2 Ex-head charged with sex attacks on boys at Norfolk school
- 3 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 4 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
- 5 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 6 James Bond themed windmill owned by 007 star for rent
- 7 Elton John to kick off UK leg of farewell tour at Carrow Road
- 8 Norwich City drop huge hint of global star gig at Carrow Road
- 9 Long delays due to overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 10 'Someone will get hurt' - Frustration over pothole near Norwich surgery