‘It was anyone’s game. It could have finished 4-4’ – City fans worried after defeat in Sheffield
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Worries about taking one point from the opening three Championship matches of the season are obvious among Norwich City supporters following this afternoon's 2-1 defeat at Sheffield United.
John Egan had headed the hosts in front from a corner in the ninth minute but the Canaries dug in and found a deserved equaliser through Jordan Rhodes in the 26th minute, teed up by Onel Hernandez.
Both sides missed big chances during the second half, with Chris Basham and Egan going close with headers for United, Rhodes hitting the post for City and Moritz Leitner wasting a golden one-on-one chance.
But Billy Sharp popped up in the third minute of injury time to prod home David McGoldrick's knock-down at the back post and snatch a dramatic victory.
The defeat followed last weekend's dramatic 4-3 home loss to West Brom and a 2-2 draw at Birmingham on the opening day, in the league, and a hard-fought 3-1 win over League Two side Stevenage during midweek.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 2 What was ‘strange stretched circle’ spotted over Norfolk skies?
- 3 North Norfolk farmer who grew potatoes for Walkers crisps dies aged 92
- 4 Drivers ‘lucky to walk away’ as cars overturn
- 5 What each lockdown tier could mean for Norfolk
- 6 Norfolk in Tier 2 of coronavirus restrictions, government confirms
- 7 What does tier two mean for you? Step-by-step guide to new rules
- 8 What counts as a substantial meal under Norfolk's tier 2 pub rules?
- 9 Man arrested after woman suffers broken collar bone in row over mask
- 10 'It's nonsense': Shoppers react to Norfolk's Tier 2 announcement