Season ticket scanners part of infrastructure improvements at Norwich City
- Credit: Archant
Season ticket scanners will be part of an extensive programme of infrastructure improvements at Norwich City during the summer.
The new system governing stadium access for supporters will be in operation at Carrow Road for the 2013/14 season to improve matchday access.
Work is also already underway on extending the Jarrold Stand TV gantries from the existing three structures hanging from the roof to one continuous gantry extending for most of the length of the stand.
This will result in 30 more supporters' seats in the area which has been previously used to house broadcast media at the rear of the Jarrold Stand.
The club will be implementing goal-line technology at Carrow Road to be employed next season and improvements will also be made to the pitch.
The stadium's public address system is being overhauled to improve safety and entertainment communications with supporters on matchdays.
The club's training centre at Colney will see three pitches being replaced with Desso surfaces similar to the surface at Carrow Road and undersoil heating being installed.
- 1 Revealed: Why wasps chase you and how to get rid of them this summer
- 2 Anger as 'rollercoaster' appears at bottom of woman's garden
- 3 Six fire crews battle large field blaze in south Norfolk
- 4 Film crews for Paramount crime series to visit ANOTHER Norfolk village
- 5 Here's when parents can get complimentary tickets to BeWILDerwood
- 6 Corrections made to prices at Yarmouth's new leisure centre
- 7 Drought declared in Norfolk
- 8 Come and meet the animals you could adopt at RSPCA open day
- 9 Woman stabbed in neck and arm in city park
- 10 Behind the scenes at Britain's most dilapidated hospital
Norwich City chief executive David McNally told the club's official website: 'It's a very busy time for our operations team this summer as they work to put these improvements in place before the new Premier League season kicks off in August.
'The changes at Carrow Road will improve our supporters' matchday experience and also ensure we comply fully with mandatory new league regulations concerning media facilities and access.
'The improvements to the pitches at Carrow Road and Colney will be a massive plus for the first team and the Academy, who experienced interruption to their training schedules during the winter months of late 2012 and early 2013.
'All of the works we are undertaking are part of our commitment to supporting our first team and serving our supporters.'