Canaries defender faces ankle surgery
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City defender Sean Raggett's loan spell at Rotherham United is over.
The 25-year-old centre-half is to have an ankle operation and has returned to Carrow Road, having moved to the Millers last summer.
Raggett, who joined City from Lincoln in August 2017, suffered a series of injuries at Rotherham, limiting him to just six Championship starts.
'He was unlucky. He kept getting injured so his time with us was stop-start,' said manager Paul Warne, whose team face City at home on March 16.
'It's a pity for him. I still think he's ideal for us. He's a threat on set-pieces and he's a proper old-school centre-half. There aren't many of those around anymore. He's one tough character.'
You may also want to watch:
Raggett's final game for Rotherham shirt was against Leeds United on January 26 and although he returned to light training it was decided surgery was required.
Raggett has made only two substitute appearances in Canaries colours.
- 1 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 2 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 3 Neighbours of murdered woman tell of terrifying scene in close
- 4 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country
- 5 Sales rep who died at nature reserve named at inquest
- 6 Police name murder victim, who died of 'severe head injury'
- 7 Firefighters dash to tackle blaze at coastal holiday resort
- 8 Couple's heartbreak leads to 28 hour stream to support baby loss charity
- 9 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 10 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out