Scott Hogan rules out Championship move after Norwich City transfer link
- Credit: PA
Brentford hot shot Scott Hogan has no interest in swapping the Bees for a Championship rival ahead of next month's transfer window, after recently being touted with Norwich City.
Hogan is tipped for a big-money exit after plundering 17 goals in his last 27 appearances since recovering from a long term knee injury.
The 24-year-old fired blanks in Brentford's recent 5-0 Championship hammering at Carrow Road but Alex Neil made it clear he was a fan of the prolific striker during the build-up. Hogan is reportedly attracting interest from City, Reading and Derby but the £8m-rated frontman is setting his sights higher.
Hogan is focused on his football despite the rising speculation and is poised to lead the line against Norwich City on New Year's Eve at Griffin Park.
'I don't read it. I get told it. It's no bother to me,' he told the GetWestLondon site. 'If someone is getting linked with someone we're doing well. I don't want to be in the Championship long – I want to play in the Premier League. I think the teams I've been linked with are Championship teams. I don't want to play Championship football all my career.
'I've seen those teams. Who knows what's going to happen? It's not up to me – it's up to Brentford. I wouldn't leave for a Championship club unless Brentford do it. That's not my problem.
'Speculation is part and parcel of football and it's for when people are doing well. I didn't know anything about it. Whatever happens. If people want to talk they can. It doesn't bother me. People can make stories up and they can get on social media and tweet me – I'm not going to reply to it.
'People like to talk – it's part of football and we have to get on with it.'
- 1 The school where boys can wear skirts - but not shorts
- 2 Woman in her 20s dies in A47 crash
- 3 Cyclist in her 50s dies in A11 crash
- 4 Man jealous of ex-wife's new relationship burnt down house
- 5 Michael Bublé concert bans chairs and blankets from gig
- 6 Husband sues hospital over 'medical neglect' death of wife
- 7 How much will Great Yarmouth's new Marina Centre cost?
- 8 Norfolk's landmark vote to curb second homes
- 9 Redundancy leads to Norfolk mum earning up to £3,000 a month
- 10 Roadworks and closures to be aware of in Norfolk this week