Scotland call-up for Norwich City duo Russell Martin and Steven Naismith
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Scotland manager Gordon Strachan has included two Norwich City players in his squad for an upcoming World Cup qualifier against Malta.
Canaries defender Russell Martin and forward Steven Naismith have both been selected but full-back Steven Whittaker misses out and midfielder Graham Dorrans is not picked, as he recovers from a groin injury.
The duo are in a 27-man squad for the Scots' opening game of Group F of qualification for the 2018 World Cup in Russia, away in Malta on Sunday, September 4 (7.45pm UK time).
Scotland and Malta are in the same qualification group as England, as well as Slovakia, Slovenia and Lithuania.
Three former Canaries players are also named in the squad. Goalkeeper David Marshall, now of Cardiff City, winger Robert Snodgrass (Hull) and Beccles-born striker Chris Martin (Derby) have also been selected.
You may also want to watch:
Brighton-born Russell Martin, who qualifies for Scotland through his father, has represented his adopted nation 25 times since making his debut in May 2011. City's club captain missed pre-season with a back problem and has been an unused substitute in three of their four Championship matches so far this season.
Former Kilmarnock and Rangers forward Naismith has been capped 43 times, scoring six goals. The 29-year-old has started all four of City's matches this season, scoring once.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 4 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 5 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 6 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 7 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 8 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 9 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 10 City confirm midfielder exit
Scotland squad: Craig Gordon (Celtic), Jack Hamilton (Hearts), David Marshall (Cardiff City); Christophe Berra (Ipswich Town), Gordon Greer (Blackburn Rovers), Grant Hanley (Newcastle United), Alan Hutton (Aston Villa), Russell Martin (Norwich City), Callum Paterson (Hearts), Andrew Robertson (Hull City), Kieran Tierney (Celtic); Ikechi Anya (Watford), Barry Bannan (Sheffield Wednesday), Oliver Burke (Nottingham Forest), Darren Fletcher (West Bromwich Albion), James Forrest (Celtic), James McArthur (Crystal Palace), Kevin McDonald (Fulham), John McGinn (Hibernian), Barrie McKay (Rangers), James Morrison (West Bromwich Albion), Matt Ritchie (Newcastle United), Robert Snodgrass (Hull City); Steven Fletcher (Sheffield Wednesday), Leigh Griffiths (Celtic), Chris Martin (Derby County), Steven Naismith (Norwich City)