Save from Norwich City’s Zak Whitbread one of my best – Newcastle keeper Tim Krul
Newcastle goalkeeper Tim Krul acknowledged the importance of his side's 1-0 win over Norwich City.
After a last-minute defeat to Arsenal on Monday, the Magpies were desperate to get back to winning ways after a run of four games without a victory.
Papiss Cisse ensured they got one with his third home goal in four, but Krul was equally key to the win, pulling off a string of fine saves, in particular a stunning one from Zak Whitbread.
'That save was up there with my best,'' he said.
'It was important for us to win, especially at home. These are the games we have to win.
'I am really pleased with the three points, especially after Monday night.''
Krul was also quick to add his good wishes to Bolton midfielder Fabrice Muamba, whose on-field heart attack at Tottenham has shocked the game.
- 1 Norfolk beach named among UK's most contaminated
- 2 Revealed: Buyer of Norwich Airport Industrial Estate - and what they paid
- 3 New reservoir could secure region's water supply - but will cost over £1bn
- 4 Overnight works on stretch of A47 prompt 50-mile diversion for two weeks
- 5 Neighbours describe axe brawl in Norfolk village
- 6 A-levels 2022: All the results from Norfolk and Waveney
- 7 Man in his 20s dies after hit-and-run
- 8 Crews battle overnight house fire in north Norfolk
- 9 Several roads closed in King's Lynn due to crash and police incident
- 10 Man in 20s killed and another seriously injured in motorbike crash
'It was horrible to see something like that and our thoughts are definitely with him,'' he added.
'The world is standing still and praying for him to get better.''