Save from Norwich City’s Zak Whitbread one of my best – Newcastle keeper Tim Krul
Newcastle goalkeeper Tim Krul acknowledged the importance of his side's 1-0 win over Norwich City.
After a last-minute defeat to Arsenal on Monday, the Magpies were desperate to get back to winning ways after a run of four games without a victory.
Papiss Cisse ensured they got one with his third home goal in four, but Krul was equally key to the win, pulling off a string of fine saves, in particular a stunning one from Zak Whitbread.
'That save was up there with my best,'' he said.
'It was important for us to win, especially at home. These are the games we have to win.
You may also want to watch:
'I am really pleased with the three points, especially after Monday night.''
Krul was also quick to add his good wishes to Bolton midfielder Fabrice Muamba, whose on-field heart attack at Tottenham has shocked the game.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 4 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
- 5 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 6 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 7 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 8 St Benedict's Street restaurant closes due to 'pingdemic'
- 9 Thunderstorms set to put dampener on weekend
- 10 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
'It was horrible to see something like that and our thoughts are definitely with him,'' he added.
'The world is standing still and praying for him to get better.''