‘Sad thing is that I’ve almost stopped caring. Like our board. Season over’ - Fans react to Norwich City’s defeat at Reading
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City slumped to an eighth Championship defeat in 10 games on Boxing Day at promotion hopefuls Reading and fans are unsurprisingly less than impressed.
Reading moved through the gears after a sluggish start and cashed in on fresh set piece frailty from Norwich when Ruddy got nowhere near Liam Kelly's whipped free kick as Yermorgant rose unchallenged to glance home a header three yards out.
City levelled on the hour mark after finally applying a cutting edge to their greater possession when Murphy cut the ball back for Oliveira to slam home.
City, however, imploded again at the other end when Howson was dismissed for handling on his own line to concede a penalty.
Kermorgant slammed his spot kick against the bar but McCleary reacted quickest to bundle the ball past Ruddy. Neil responded with a double change that sparked fresh fury when Oliveira was replaced by Cameron Jerome, and Wes Hoolahan was introduced for Naismith.
City spurned a decent chance in the 89th minute when Pinto's cross was too close to Al Habsi but Harriott crashed a rising shot beyond Ruddy seconds later to seal another Norwich defeat.
What did you think of Norwich City's performance? Let us know in the comments below.
- 1 People are driving for hours to visit this loaded fries and doughnut kiosk
- 2 Holiday Inn to become 'care hotel' to help struggling hospitals
- 3 One of East Anglia's largest property builders is sold to investment firm
- 4 Meet the new team behind revamped village pub
- 5 Woman in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 6 War-time bomb lay dormant for 80 years before exploding under fishing boat
- 7 'We will all miss him': Poignant tributes paid to 'brilliant' solicitor
- 8 Obituary: Doctor, and son of Norwich's recycling empire founder, dies aged 69
- 9 £1,000 reward offered to anyone who can help bring home missing dog
- 10 Arrive by boat at new Norfolk wedding venue