Russell Martin enjoying Norwich City’s pre-season training camp in Austria
Russell Martin and the rest of the Norwich City squad have been put through their paces by manager Chris Hughton and his coaching staff at their pre-season training camp in Austria.
The Scottish international told the club's official website: 'It feels like we've been back for a while already because the lads look really fit and sharp for this stage in pre-season.
'It was raining last night, but then the sun came out while we were training. It's a good start and it's going to be a good week I think. The facilities here are fantastic.
'It was a tough first session, but we used the footballs which means the lads didn't mind it.
'I think you expect that when you come back for the first two or three weeks it's going to be full days. You work hard, put the effort in, and hopefully you'll get your reward.
'Obviously when we're back the games come pretty thick and fast so it's a good time to get the lads back together and enjoy each other's company.
'There has been lots of possession and technical work which can only improve you as players.
- 1 The school where boys can wear skirts - but not shorts
- 2 Woman in her 20s dies in A47 crash
- 3 Cyclist in her 50s dies in A11 crash
- 4 Redundancy leads to Norfolk mum earning up to £3,000 a month
- 5 Man jealous of ex-wife's new relationship burnt down house
- 6 How much will Great Yarmouth's new Marina Centre cost?
- 7 Breckland builder dumped toilet cisterns and bathroom items in front garden
- 8 Car seen driving on the wrong side of the A47
- 9 Michael Bublé concert bans chairs and blankets from gig
- 10 Roadworks and closures to be aware of in Norfolk this week
'I think the lads are really excited to see how the season develops, but at the minute the sessions have been really sharp and really high intensity, and that's what we're used to.
'Every manager has his own way of doing things, but I think the lads are really enjoying it.
'It's a great set of lads here now, I've said it over and over again, the banter is fantastic, and as the week goes on I'm sure we'll have more stories to share and more laughs.
'We need this week really for the new lads to integrate, and they've settled in really well. It'll be a good week.'