Russell Martin called up for Scotland
Norwich City's Russell Martin has been called up by Scotland boss Craig Levein ahead of their Carling Nations Cup ties with Wales and the Republic of Ireland.
Martin, who qualifies to play for Scotland through his Scottish father, joins up with Levein's squad for the first time following a tremendous season with the Canaries, playing every minute of all 46 Championship games.
Russell Martin will be involved in the Scottish set up for their last two remaining Carling Nations Cup fixtures against Wales on May 25 (kick-off 7.45pm) and the Republic of Ireland on May 29 (kick-off 6.30pm). Both games will be held at Dublin's Aviva Stadium.
• Scotland squad:
You may also want to watch:
Goalkeepers: Matt Gilks (Blackpool), Allan McGregor (Rangers), Iain Turner (Everton)
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 4 Hospital confirms two patients have died from Covid
- 5 More than 70 speeding drivers snared in police day of action
- 6 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 7 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 8 New beauty salon and massage rooms open at country club
- 9 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
- 10 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk
Defenders: Phil Bardsley (Sunderland), Christophe Berra (Wolves), Gary Caldwell (Wigan Athletic), Stephen Crainey (Blackpool), Grant Hanley (Blackburn Rovers), Russell Martin (Norwich City), Steven Whittaker (Rangers), Danny Wilson (Liverpool)
Midfielders: Charlie Adam (Blackpool), Barry Bannan (Aston Villa), Scott Brown (Celtic), Kris Commons (Celtic), James Forrest (Celtic), James McArthur (Wigan Athletic), James Morrison (West Bromwich Albion), Barry Robson (Middlesbrough)
Forwards: Craig Mackail-Smith (Peterborough), Chris Maguire (Aberdeen), Ross McCormack (Leeds United), Kenny Miller (Bursaspor), Steven Naismith (Rangers)