Norwich City’s on loan defender Russell Martin ‘revitalised’ at Rangers
- Credit: PA
Russell Martin says he feels revitalised after swapping Norwich City for Glasgow.
The 32-year-old is on loan at Rangers until the end of the season, having joined the Canaries at the end of 2009.
'I feel totally revitalised in terms of football,' Martin – who scored his first goal for the Gers in a 2-0 win over Hearts at the weekend – told Rangers TV. 'I've been at the same place for a long time, I love being there, and Norwich are a great club.
'I've been there for a really long time, so to come to some place new is totally different and it's exciting.
'I think it was important for me to not stay there and come away and experience something new – and to do that at a club like Rangers is great.
You may also want to watch:
'I feel refreshed, I feel great both physically and mentally.
'I'm really enjoying it and that's what I want to do between now and the end of the season – my main aim is to keep doing well and staying in the team and keep enjoying.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 4 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 5 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 6 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 7 City confirm midfielder exit
- 8 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 9 Truck stopped for 'unsecure load' during road check
- 10 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
'It has been brilliant so far.'