Rumoured Norwich City target Nicklas Helenius would rather play in Holland or Germany
Reported Norwich City target Nicklas Helenius has revealed he would prefer a move to Germany or Holland ahead of England.
Helenius, 21, said he felt honoured by interest from English clubs – with West Bromwich Albion and Fulham also thought to have run the rule over him – but would prefer a move to the German or Dutch as they fit his style better.
'Naturally I'm happy to wanted by various clubs in Europe as that is what every young player dreams about, but I'm fairly calm about the whole situation. I'm just concentrating on my football so I can become even better,' said Helenius.
'A move to England would be an attractive proposal, but it will only happen if I feel that it is the best option for me.
'If it was up to me I would prefer the German or Dutch league as their culture is closer to the Danish culture and I really feel that my playing style would fit well in those two leagues. The Premier League is also attractive, but only if a club shows a genuine interest in helping me develop as a footballer.'
You may also want to watch:
Helenius scored 14 goals last season for AAB in the Danish Superliga.
Meanwhile a former Norwich City player is looking forward to fresh challenge after securing his immediate future over the weekend. Milton Keynes Dons have signed Jon Otsemobor after he agreed a one-year contract at stadium:MK. The 29-year-old defender had been available after his release from Sheffield Wednesday following an injury-hit season.
- 1 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 2 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 3 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 4 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 5 Man was found dead after lockdown hit business, inquest told
- 6 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 7 Water starts gushing out of sinkhole on Norwich city centre road
- 8 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 9 Post-Latitude covid has made me realise pandemic has a long way to go
- 10 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
The deal means the former Liverpool trainee has become Milton Keynes Dons first summer signing.
Manager Karl Robinson said: 'I believe if we keep him fit, we've got the best right-back in the league.'
Otsemobor will have a quick chance to play against the Canaries, who travel to Milton Keynes for a friendly on Friday, August 3. Another ex-Canary also moved clubs recently, with Jason Shackell completing a �1.1m switch from Derby to Championship rivals Burnley last week.