Rumour Mill: Youssouf Mulumbu and Tottenham full-back DeAndre Yedlin set to join Norwich City
- Credit: PA
Speculation is growing that Norwich City are set to confirm the signature of former West Bromwich Albion midfielder Youssouf Mulumbu.
The Canaries are also being linked with a loan deal for Tottenham Hotspur full-back DeAndre Yedlin, due to the impending arrival of Burnley's Kieran Trippier at White Hart Lane.
Mulumbu was released by West Brom at the end of last season having fallen out of favour under manager Tony Pulis following the signature of Darren Fletcher from Manchester United in the January transfer window.
The Democratic Republic of Congo international is 28 years old and made 211 appearances in six years for the Baggies after joining from French giants Paris Saint-Germain, initially on loan, in 2009.
The battling central midfielder made 21 appearances for West Brom last season but featured in only six matches following his return from the African Cup of Nations at the start of the year.
You may also want to watch:
If the free transfer is confirmed, Mulumbu will join former Baggies team-mate Graham Dorrans as City's first permanent signings ahead of their return to the Premier League.
The Daily Telegraph also report that Yedlin could be heading to Norfolk.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 4 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 5 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 6 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 7 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 8 City confirm midfielder exit
- 9 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 10 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
Spurs are due to wrap up the £3.5million signing of Trippier from Burnley, after the defender reportedly completed a medical, and that could allow them to let their speedy USA international out on loan.
The full-back joined from MLS side Seattle Sounders in January but has made just one brief Premier League appearance so far.
Yedlin was a star in the MLS and caught the eye in last summer's World Cup in Brazil due to his lightning pace.
With Canaries skipper Russell Martin seemingly remaining as a central defender in future, manager Alex Neil could well be in the market to provide competition for Steven Whittaker at right-back.
With Kyle Naughton having enjoyed a successful season on loan at Carrow Road from Spurs earlier in his career, having joined Swansea for £5m this January, the north London club could well favour Norwich as a temporary home for their highly-rated prospect.