RUMOUR MILL: Swansea turn attentions to Nathan Redmond as Norwich City step up defender chase
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Nathan Redmond is the latest Norwich City wide player linked with a potential January transfer exit to Premier League rivals Swansea City.
The England Under-21 starlet rejected the Swans in the summer to link up again with Chris Hughton at Carrow Road after their time together at Birmingham.
The Mirror now claim the Swans have made another enquiry - swiftly rejected by the Canaries - in their on-going search for reinforcements in the closing days of the window with Nathan Dyer still sidelined since damaging his ankle ligaments in the 1-1 Premier League draw at Norwich back in December.
Swansea were also linked with a £3m move for Anthony Pilkington ahead of the weekend, although City have recieved no bids from the Welsh club for the Republic of Ireland international. Michael Laudrup also refused to be drawn on that speculation when pressed following the Swans' FA Cup fourth round win at Birmingham on Saturday afternoon.
The Canaries have consistently made it clear during the current window they are not interested in selling any of their senior players against the club's wishes, following speculation surrounding the likes of both Wes Hoolahan and Robert Snodgrass in addition to both Redmond and Pilkington over recent days.
You may also want to watch:
The transfer window closes at 11pm on Friday and the Canaries continue to be touted with moves to bolster their central defence. Dani Ayala has now joined Middlesbrough on a permanent transfer and with Michael Turner sidelined through a hamstring injury the club have only Ryan Bennett and Seb Bassong as fit and available senior centre backs.
City were heavily linked with Lazio's Michael Ciani last week and fresh reports suggest they are also tracking Newcastle's Steven Taylor and Birmingham's Scott Dann. Hughton worked with Taylor in the north-east and the City boss has already recruited his Magpies' team-mate Jonas Gutierrez on a loan deal. Taylor has found himself similarly slipping down the pecking order at St James' Park this season with Norwich reportedly ready to consider a £5.5m move for the former England Under-21 captain. Dann is currently at Championship strugglers Blackburn but has Premier League experience with Birmingham and according to Talksport is interesting both Norwich and Crystal Palace.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Police child safety team raid house to arrest man
- 3 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 4 Holiday park bosses pay tribute to 'popular' worker murdered in Norfolk village
- 5 New virus named after Norfolk village
- 6 Banham Poultry evacuated in suspected chemical incident
- 7 'Destination' fish and chip restaurant for sale
- 8 Eleven people taken to hospital after Banham Poultry chemical spill
- 9 Lord mayor criticises campaigner in email - and mistakenly copies them in
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: 'Major bid' submitted for Armstrong