Rumour Mill: Swansea defender Jazz Richards said to be in Norwich City’s sights – as well as Aston Villa
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
The sound of another transfer target has floated on the winds of the rumour mill – and in a position some may feel needs reinforcing.
The summer release of Javier Garrido leaves Norwich City relatively short of left-back cover ahead of their Premier League return.
Martin Olsson was the clear first choice last season, while Harry Toffolo is set to press his claims for a senior appearance after the FA Youth Cup winner enjoyed a good year with League One Swindon.
Others can step in too, but the name touted to join that fight by numerous websites is Swansea's Jazz Richards.
The 24-year-old made 13 appearances for Swansea last season – 10 of them in the Premier League, including their late-season win at Arsenal.
The international also caught the eye as Wales beat Belgium earlier this month, to move a step closer to the European Championship finals.
Richards appeared at Carrow Road too, with a January loan move to Fulham concluding defeat to City.
- 1 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 2 EXCLUSIVE: US tycoons in Norwich City investment talks
- 3 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 4 'Our homes will be destroyed' - Neighbours' fears over proposed pylon route
- 5 Man claims supermarket fuel was contaminated as he reveals £200 repair bill
- 6 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in Norfolk
- 7 Norwich pub selling out on Sundays with new head chef's roast dinners
- 8 Scammers targeting Norfolk homes with fake parcel deliveries
- 9 Sweet Briar Road to reopen TODAY
- 10 Serious road crash hotspots in Norfolk revealed as fatalities fall
Richards had reportedly been expected to join Fulham permanently, but now apparently finds himself in a tussle between City and Aston Villa. The pair should meet Swansea's valuation, leaving the player to decide his destination.
Meanwhile, Hull striker Dame N'Doye has told his reported suitors – Crystal Palace, Swansea and Norwich – the's willing to reduce his £70,000 per week wages to an almost modest £50,000 per week.
The 30-year-old scored five goals from 15 Premier League games last season following his January move from Lokomotiv Moscow. The Mirror has suggested a fee of £4.5m.