Rumour mill: Stoke interested in signing Nathan Redmond from Norwich City
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
The Premier League fate of Norwich City has not yet been decided but the vultures are already circling as relegation worries deepened for the Canaries following yesterday's 1-0 loss to Manchester United.
The Sunday Mirror is today linking winger Nathan Redmond with a summer move to Stoke City, with Potters boss Mark Hughes reportedly seeing the 22-year-old as better value for money than West Brom forward Saido Berahino.
The former England Under-21 international star created City's best chance in the first half of yesterday's defeat at Carrow Road, picking out Cameron Jerome with a cross which the striker headed straight at United keeper David de Gea.
Redmond is joint top scorer with Dieumerci Mbokani so far this season, scoring five goals in 35 games, and has been linked with several top-flight clubs in the past two transfer windows.
The tricky wide-man signed a four-year contract when he joined the Canaries in the summer of 2013, for a reported fee of £3.2million from boyhood club Birmingham City.
You may also want to watch:
Redmond has previously been linked with Liverpool and Southampton, as well as Crystal Palace in January, when it was reported in the national media that City had offered the winger a new long-term contract.
Norwich will be relegated on Wednesday night if Sunderland win at home against out-of-form Everton, as the Black Cats moved four points clear of Alex Neil's team with a 3-2 win over Chelsea yesterday.
- 1 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 2 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 5 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 6 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 7 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 8 Norwich Bus Station building closed due to Covid ping
- 9 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 10 'Do your bit to slow spread' - plea as Covid hospital admissions remain low
City host Watford on the same night but with their fate now out of their hands, it seems Redmond's future will come under the spotlight in the coming months.
In total Redmond has scored 12 goals in 111 appearances since joining Norwich, including a memorable strike to finish a flowing team move in last-season's 2-0 play-off final victory over Middlesbrough at Wembley.