Rumour Mill: Ricky van Wolfswinkel’s Norwich City exit moves a step closer after Sporting Lisbon meet City’s valuation
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City's record signing Ricky van Wolfswinkel is in discussions with former club Sporting Lisbon regarding personal terms after the clubs reportedly agreed a transfer deal, according to Dutch media on Monday afternoon.
Dutch football magazine, Voetbal International, claim the Canaries are ready to sanction van Wolfswinkel's return to Portugal after it emerged last week the Lisbon club were keen on recruiting their former striker, who they sold to Norwich in 2013 for a reported initial fee of £8.5m.
Portuguese newspaper A Bola stated City were demanding 5.4m euros (£3.8m) for the forward to cut short his Carrow Road stay prior to the weekend, with talks already underway with the Dutch international's representative, Louis Laros.
Van Wolfswinkel spent last season on loan at French club St Etienne and is due to link up with Alex Neil's squad this week.
The striker has two years left on his current Norwich deal.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 2 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 3 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 4 Police called to troublespot Norwich hotel 324 times in two years
- 5 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 6 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 7 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 8 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 9 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 10 Norfolk Day 2021: Your must-have guide to all events