Rumour Mill: Norwich City winger Robert Snodgrass continues to be strongly linked with Hull City
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Hull City are ready to step up their attempts to sign Norwich City winger Robert Snodgrass for a deal worth around £6million, according to the Hull Daily Mail.
The Humberside newspaper is this morning reporting that the 26-year-old Scot has 'featured prominently on the wish list of manager Steve Bruce all summer' and is suggesting a bid from the Tigers is imminent.
The report states that Bruce is planning 'a summer of big spending' and that Snodgrass is next on Hull's list, after agreeing a deal worth up to £8m for central midfielder Jake Livermore with Spurs yesterday.
Bruce is looking to strengthen his squad after an impressive early season saw his side end up 16th in the Premier League table and just four points clear of the relegation zone, although combined with an FA Cup final appearance, which ended in a 3-2 extra time defeat to Arsenal.
The newspaper also suggest that QPR, Sunderland and West Brom are all interested in Snodgrass, who scored six goals in 30 Premier League games last season.
You may also want to watch:
The report states: 'Snodgrass will almost certainly depart Carrow Road in the coming weeks after telling the Norwich board he is unwilling to sign an extension to a contract which expires at the end of next season.
'The Canaries will reluctantly cash in on their Player of the Season ahead of a return to the Championship in August, but have made it clear to any suitors that Snodgrass will not leave on the cheap. Sources in East Anglia suggest Norwich will aim to pocket at least £6m.'
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 3 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 4 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 5 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 6 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 7 Old Buckenham Airshow going ahead as planned this weekend
- 8 Firefighters tackling smoking car after crash near pub
- 9 Car catches fire after early morning crash
- 10 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success