Rumour Mill: Norwich City weigh up loan move for Leicester City centre-back Yohan Benalouane
- Credit: PA WIRE
Norwich City could be tempted to make a loan move in the closing days of the window for Leicester City centre-back Yohan Benalouane.
Italian football site, tuttomercatoweb.com, reported on Monday afternoon the French defender is in City's sights and available for a short term move after being limited to just nine appearances for the high-flying Foxes this season since his switch from Serie A club Atalanta last summer.
Sampdoria and Fiorentina are both interested in offering Benalouane a return to Italy, but Norwich are reportedly willing to match Leicester's €1m loan fee. The Canaries freed up a loan option after turning Matt Jarvis' initial temporary deal from West Ham into a permanent move earlier this month.
Alex Neil has since recruited defensive reinforcements in Ivo Pinto and Timm Klose but Norwich have conceded 11 goals in their past three league games and slipped to a 5-4 defeat to Liverpool at the weekend.
The Tunisian defender has made only four Premier League appearances behind established first choice pair Robert Huth and Wes Morgan for the leaders but did feature in both FA Cup ties against Tottenham in recent days.
You may also want to watch:
The transfer window closes on February 1 at 11pm.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 3 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 4 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 5 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 6 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 7 Police search undergrowth as man arrested for murder of missing woman
- 8 Police called to troublespot Norwich hotel 324 times in two years
- 9 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 10 Former City skipper a frontrunner for Swansea job