Rumour Mill: Norwich City want £5m for Martin Olsson; Jos Hooiveld in Millwall link
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City defender Martin Olsson continues to be touted with a January switch to Premier League side Swansea City despite the Swans' imminent signing of ex-City loanee Kyle Naughton.
Naughton has reportedly undergone a medical to join the Swans on Wednesday after Tottenham accepted a £5m bid earlier this week. The Daily Mail claim the Canaries have slapped a similar price tag on Olsson after an initial enquiry last week was confirmed by City boss Alex Neil.
Olsson has previously been touted with a top flight return when West Ham were heavily linked in the summer but the Swedish international has been a ever-present for the Canaries after returning from an opening day red card at Wolves.
Swans' chief Garry Monk is reportedly still in the market for defensive reinforcments even if he completes a move for Naughton with current first-choice left-back Neil Taylor a target for Premier League rivals Crystal Palace.
Meanwhile, Norwich's on-lon centre-back Jos Hooiveld is the latest City defender linked to Championship strugglers Millwall. The Lions were previously mooted with a loan move for Ignasi Miquel but the experienced Hooiveld could head to south London on-loan for the rest of the season if parent club Southampton and Norwich decide to cut short his original season-long loan switch to Carrow Road.
You may also want to watch:
Hooiveld was an unused substitute for last weekend's 3-2 Championship win over Cardiff but the 31-year-old's last Norwich appearance came in a home draw against Brighton on November 22. The Dutchman has made only six appearances since arriving on deadline night in the previous summer transfer window.
One player who left Carrow Road prior to the current season, Leroy Fer, is reportedly interesting Serie A Napoli. According to Tuttosport, Napoli is tracking the 25-year-old who joined Premier League QPR in a club-record departure from the Canaries after impressing for Holland in the World Cup.
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 3 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 4 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 6 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 7 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 8 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 9 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 10 Woman who bit an officer among eight people arrested in town