Rumour Mill: Norwich City turn down bids from Southampton and Stoke for Nathan Redmond
- Credit: Matthew Usher
Interest in Norwich City winger Nathan Redmond appears to be increasing, after the Canaries reportedly rejected offers from Stoke City and Southampton for the 20-year-old.
The Daily Telegraph is reporting that the two Premier League clubs both offered around £3.5million for Redmond but were told that City will not accept less than £6m.
The newspaper suggest that Everton and Swansea City have also shown 'tentative interest' in the England Under-21 ace.
Redmond joined City from Birmingham City for a reported fee of £3.2million last summer, joining up with his former manager Chris Hughton.
He showed plenty of promise but in 39 appearances in all competitions only found the back of the net once, scoring the winner in a 1-0 home win against Southampton in August.
You may also want to watch:
The winger put his name back in the shop window in May though, when he scored a hat-trick for the England Under-21s in a European Championship qualifier against Wales in Swansea.
Do you think the Canaries should let Redmond leave if they receive an offer of £6m? Leave your comments below.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 3 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 4 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 5 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 6 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 7 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain
- 8 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 9 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 10 Watch: Woman left bleeding and bruised after e-scooter crash