Rumour Mill: Norwich City track Inter Milan ace Yuto Nagatomo
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City's hunt for reinforcements down the left flank have seen the Canaries touted with another Italian-based target in Inter Milan's Yuto Nagatomo.
The Canaries look set to complete a move for Hull's Robbie Brady on Monday after also running the rule over Fiorentina's Marcos Alonso, but Rai Sport in Italy claim City are monitoring the situation with Japanese international Nagatomo.
The 28-year is reportedly out of favour with Roberto Mancini and is attracting interest from the Premier League with West Brom and Stoke also possible destinations.
Turkish champions Galatsaray remain the front-runners for his signature amid reports Nagatomo has appointed an English-based agent to explore the possiblity of a move to the Premier League this summer.
'I've heard these rumours about Galatasaray,' said Federico Pastorello, who works as the player's agent alongside Roberto Tukuda, quoted last week in an interview with FCInterNews. 'I can deny that there have been negotiations. The Turkish club have not contacted us, if they had we'd be able to open up a discourse, and there would be interest from the player.
'Yuto would definitely consider the possibility (of joining Galatasaray), but at the moment that option isn't on the table. There's nothing concrete with Gala. The transfer window still has a long way to go, and we'll discuss the player's future with the club. Obviously we're trying to find a destination which will satisfy Nagatomo. As I've said, Serie A is a League which we're not taking into account, so we're considering solutions abroad.'
Nagatomo has been at the San Siro giants since 2011 and scored nine goals in 117 appearances for Inter as well as featuring for his country in the 2010 and 2014 World Cups.
- 1 Two Norfolk seaside hotels named among the best in Britain
- 2 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 3 Michael McIntyre and Robert Rinder spotted at Carrow Road
- 4 Norfolk police officer goes on the run to win £100,000 on Hunted
- 5 Norfolk couple: 'We’ve lost £30k in cryptocurrency scam'
- 6 Man seriously injured in A47 crash after police pursuit
- 7 Eleventh McDonald's drive-thru could be set for Norwich
- 8 A47 closed for several hours following crash in west Norfolk
- 9 PICTURES: The best-dressed punters at Fakenham Ladies Day
- 10 Fly-tipping mattresses costs mother and son over £1,000
Alex Neil has so far used Bradley Johnson, Louis Thompson and youngster Harry Toffolo at left-back during the pre-season in the absence of Martin Olsson who continues his rehab from shoulder surgery.
Toffolo impressed in Saturday's final tour match against German side FC Augsburg and sccored his first senior goal for the club in the recent 3-1 friendly win at Cambridge United afte returning to Norwich following a productive loan spell with League One Swindon.