Rumour mill: Norwich City touted with loan interest in Blackburn hitman Jordan Rhodes
- Credit: PA
Norwich City and this weekend's Championship opponents Derby County have been linked with a potential loan move for Blackburn's out-of-favour striker Jordan Rhodes.
The Daily Telegraph reported on Monday evening the duo could be prepared to offer Rhodes an escape route from Ewood Park after the Scottish international found himself behind Rudy Gestede in the pecking order.
City boss Alex Neil admitted last week the loan route is a possible option after Lewis Grabban underwent ankle surgery that is set to keep him out of the club's promotion push in the short-term, but Gary Hooper and Cameron Jerome both impressed in Saturday's 4-1 Championship win at Millwall.
Teenage academy striker Carlton Morris, however, was on the bench at the Den after making his senior debut in the recent 1-0 home league defeat to Wigan and Neil has made it clear experienced forward Luciano Becchio is unlikely to come into his thoughts over the Championship run-in.
Derby have injury problems of their own with ex-City striker Chris Martin having missed the last six matches for the Rams with a hamstring injury.
The Telegraph claim Rovers' top brass could be prepared to let Rhodes leave ahead of a permanent move in the summer, with the club expected to make a decision on his future within the next 48 hours. Rovers are under a transfer embargo after breaching the Football League's financial fair play rules.
The striker was an unused substitute in Rovers' 0-0 FA Cup quarter-final tie at Liverpool on Sunday. The 25-year-old has scored 13 goals in 35 appearances this season and was heavily linked with a £12m move last summer to Premier League Hull City.
- 1 Film crews for Paramount crime series to visit ANOTHER Norfolk village
- 2 Major incident in city after reports of stabbing
- 3 Revealed: Why wasps chase you and how to get rid of them this summer
- 4 Six fire crews battle large field blaze in south Norfolk
- 5 Woman stabbed in neck and arm in city park
- 6 Anger as 'rollercoaster' appears at bottom of woman's garden
- 7 Range Rover hit by train after straying onto level crossing
- 8 Here's when parents can get complimentary tickets to BeWILDerwood
- 9 Woman in 50s arrested after house sealed off in quiet street
- 10 Thieves run off with alcohol worth nearly £5,000 from Tesco
The emergency Football League loan window is scheduled to close at the end of March.