Rumour mill: Norwich City target Chelsea’s Loic Remy; Elliott Bennett set for Bristol stay
- Credit: PA WIRE
Norwich City look set to fight it out with Premier League rivals Swansea City and Aston Villa for Chelsea hitman Loic Remy.
The French international striker could be available on loan during the transfer window and the Sun on Sunday claim City have not ruled out a possible move.
Villa boss Remi Garde made his interest public last week but the Midlands' club look to be hurtling towards the Championship after Saturday's 3-1 Premier League loss at relegation rivals Sunderland.
Alex Neil has been linked with the likes of Utrecht's Sebastien Haller and Sampdoria's Eder this month as he attempts to bolster his frontline, and the permanent signing of former West Ham wide player Matt Jarvis has freed up a Premier League loan option.
Remy has two years left on his existing Stamford Bridge contract but the 27-year-old has only made 14 senior appearances for the Blues this season and last featured for new Chelsea chief Guus Hiddink in the 3-1 Premier League win over Sunderland on December 19.
Meanwhile, Norwich loanee Elliott Bennett could remain at Championship club Bristol City, with Robins' boss Steve Cotterill revealing he is in talks with the Canaries to extend Bennett's stay at Ashton Gate.
The 27-year-old played the final game of his current loan stint on Saturday in the 1-0 league defeat at Reading but Bennett is out of contract at Carrow Road in the summer.
- 1 Revealed: Why wasps chase you and how to get rid of them this summer
- 2 Anger as 'rollercoaster' appears at bottom of woman's garden
- 3 Six fire crews battle large field blaze in south Norfolk
- 4 Drought declared in Norfolk
- 5 Nine fire crews battling large field blaze near Norwich
- 6 Corrections made to prices at Yarmouth's new leisure centre
- 7 Smoke billows over Norwich as fire breaks out at Mousehold Heath
- 8 Behind the scenes at Britain's most dilapidated hospital
- 9 Film crews for Paramount crime series to visit ANOTHER Norfolk village
- 10 Where will be the hottest place in Norfolk this weekend?
'We're in talks with Norwich and we are exploring all of the options,' said Cotterill, after his side's defeat at the Madejski.
The Bristol Post report Cotterill's club is interested in signing Bennett on a permanent basis, but could extend the loan should the Canaries be unwilling to sell in January, with the Bristolians keen to resolve the issue ahead of Saturday's FA Cup third round tie at West Brom.
Bennett made two Capital One Cup appearances for the Canaries in August but both Neil and chief executive David McNally have made it clear recently there is likely to be departures in January for players who are not part of the Scot's longer-term plans.