Rumour Mill: Norwich City’s John Ruddy to Chelsea link resurfaces
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
The first Norwich City transfer rumour of the summer has resurfaced again on Wednesday, with John Ruddy reportedly remaining on Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho's 'radar' as a potential replacement for Petr Cech.
Ruddy and ex-Canaries' stopper Robert Green could be Mourinho's preferred options as cover for number one Thibaut Courtois should Cech, as widely predicted, moves from the champions in search of regular football.
Chelsea were interested in Ruddy previously before the England international signed a new longer term Carrow Road deal in October 2013. Alex Neil was then forced to respond to fresh speculation linking the St Ives' bred stopper with Stamford Bridge prior to the club's Championship play-off semi-final second leg win over rivals Ipswich Town.
'That type of thing will happen regardless of the situation we are in right now, particularly around good players who have had a good season,' said Neil, speaking last month. 'It doesn't matter what league you are in there is always going to be interest. If Chelsea and Jose want John then they can pick up the phone and get the cheque book out. On a serious note, it is part of the game and it doesn't concern me in the slightest.'
The Mirror report on Wednesday claims Mourinho wants three new signings for the champions, with the likes of Christian Benteke, Toby Alderweireld, Miranda and Giannelli Imbula all touted with summer moves to London.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 2 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 3 Neighbours of murdered woman tell of terrifying scene in close
- 4 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country
- 5 Police name murder victim, who died of 'severe head injury'
- 6 Firefighters dash to tackle blaze at coastal holiday resort
- 7 Couple's heartbreak leads to 28 hour stream to support baby loss charity
- 8 Police child safety team raid house to arrest man
- 9 Three taken to hospital after eight crews battle holiday park blaze
- 10 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women