Rumour mill: Norwich City renew interest in Dieumerci Mbokani
- Credit: PA
Norwich have revived their interest in Dynamo Kiev striker Dieumerci Mbokani, after the Ukrainians rejected City's initial summer transfer interest.
Fresh reports in Belgium, where Mbokani played for Anderlecht before his move east in 2013, claim Kiev may now be ready to sanction the powerful frontman's exit to the Premier League after lowering their £8.4m valuation.
Belgian broadcaster RTBF, reported in late June, City had a bid in the region of £4.3m rejected for the 29-year-old, who is reportedly deemed surplus to requirements under Kiev coach Sergei Rebrov after helping Kiev win the domestic league and cup double last season.
Mbokani has also been touted with Turkish side Trabzonspor, but the DR Congo international has made no secret of his desire to play in the English top flight.
'I really want to play in the Premier League,' said Mbokani, quoted on French radio station RFI last week. 'I would have gone there in 2013, but I opted for Kiev, which plays every season for the title and participating in the Champions League or the Europa League. This is the right time to go. I have no personal agreement with the club, but I do not expect problems at that level.'
You may also want to watch:
The 6ft 1in striker won four Belgian First Division titles with Standard Liege and Anderlecht before moving to Kiev, where has has scored 16 goals in 33 appearances.
City chief Alex Neil reiterated after Saturday's final pre-season friendly win over Brentford he is in the market for two more signings. The Scot pulled out of a deal for Celta Vigo striker Joaquin Larrivey earlier this summer but had also been heavily linked with Rickie Lambert, Rudy Gestede and Crystal Palace's Glenn Murray.
- 1 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 2 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 3 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 4 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 5 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 6 Man was found dead after lockdown hit business, inquest told
- 7 Water starts gushing out of sinkhole on Norwich city centre road
- 8 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 9 Post-Latitude covid has made me realise pandemic has a long way to go
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Loan possibility remains for Skipp