Rumour Mill: Norwich City on the verge of signing Cameron Jerome and Carlos Cuellar
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City are reportedly on the verge of signing two players who were with Premier League clubs last season.
Sky Sports is reporting that former Sunderland and Aston Villa defender Carlos Cuellar is having a medical ahead of a free transfer
While striker Cameron Jerome is set to sign for City in a £2million deal, according to reports in Scotland.
The Daily Record is reporting that Celtic wanted to sign the tall Stoke City forward but that the Scottish Premier League champions are now expecting the 28-year-old to join the Canaries.
Spanish defender Cuellar was reportedly in talks with Crystal Palace earlier in the summer and also spent time on trial with Blackburn Rovers but now the 32-year-old is reportedly in talks with the Canaries.
You may also want to watch:
Cuellar has played over 100 games in the Premier League since signing for Villa from Rangers in a deal worth over £7million but played just six times for Sunderland last season, starting five league games and one Capital One Cup match.
Jerome spent last season on loan at Crystal Palace, scoring just twice in 29 games. He is thought to be surplus to requirements with Potters' boss Mark Hughes and is in the final year of his contract at the Britannia Stadium.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 4 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 5 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 6 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 7 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 8 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 9 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 10 City confirm midfielder exit
The Record say a £2m deal had been agreed and that Celtic had offered personal terms to the former England Under-21 striker but are now looking at other options in the expectation that he is heading for Norfolk.
Jerome first came to the fore with Cardiff City, scoring 27 goals in 79 games to earn a £3m move to Birmingham City, who he then helped to earn promotion to the Premier League.
After 41 goals in 201 appearances for the Blues, Jerome was sold to Stoke for £4m in the summer of 2011 following Birmingham being relegated to the Championship.
He then managed 12 goals in 67 matches for Stoke, before being allowed to join Palace on loan at the start of last season.
Do you think Jerome would be a good addition to Neil Adams' squad? Cast your vote in the poll above and leave a comment below.