Rumour Mill: Norwich City make their move for Glenn Murray
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City have stepped up their interest in Crystal Palace striker Glenn Murray with a bid for the experienced striker.
Skysports claimed on Monday afternoon the Canaries had joined Premier League rivals Bournemouth in the race for Murray, who featured against Norwich in the opening weekend 3-1 win for the Eagles at Carrow Road.
Murray also played the first half in Saturday's 2-1 Premier League victory for Alan Pardew's side but with Connor Wickham and Patrick Bamford moving to Selhurst Park in the summer the 31-year-old could be allowed to leave the south London club.
Bournemouth launched a reported £5m move for the frontman who enjoyed a productive end to last season with seven goals in his final 13 league appearances.
Pardew made it clear prior to the weekend he is in no rush to offload Murray.
You may also want to watch:
'I brought him back from his loan (at Reading in January) and gave him the games,' he said. 'So as much as we owe Glenn, he owes us for the platform we gave him in the Premier League. He did very well for me and I have a good relationship with him.'
The Canaries have failed with bids for Wolves Benik Afobe and Stoke's Jon Walters in recent days but Alex Neil confirmed at Colney on Monday morning he is still in the market for a forward player.
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 3 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 4 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 5 Car catches fire after early morning crash
- 6 Man re-arrested over murder of missing 83-year-old Pat Holland
- 7 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 8 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 9 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 10 Old Buckenham Airshow going ahead as planned this weekend