Rumour Mill: Norwich City make Rudy Gestede enquiry with Dieumerci Mbokani, Robbie Brady and Jordan Cousins latest
- Credit: PA
Blackburn Rovers striker Rudy Gestede is the new name to be linked with Norwich City this summer.
According to Sky Sports News reports on Friday night, the Canaries have made an enquiry about the powerful 26-year-old forward's availability ahead of the new season.
If City are serious, then Gestede is likely to cost around £7m to prise from Blackburn's grasp, while fellow Premier League new boys Watford are also said to be interested in the French-born target man.
Gestede, who plays international football for Benin, has scored 34 goals in 65 appearances for Rovers since joining them from Cardiff City in January 2014, with 22 of those coming last season. He signed for Cardiff from French club Metz in the summer of 2011.
Meanwhile there have been claims in Belgium that City have had a bid rejected for Dieumerci Mbokani.
RTBF in Belgium made the revelation a £4m-plus bid had been rejected by Dynamo Kiev for their 29-year-old Congolese striker, as they look for a fee in excess of £5m.
It is understood talk of a bid may be premature, but Mbokani is someone on City's radar – so one to keep an eye on perhaps.
- 1 'I'm sorry' - Woman behind cancelled festival offers customers £100,000
- 2 Can you spot yourself in the Classic Ibiza crowd at Blickling?
- 3 New tenant bid for former Argos store on retail park
- 4 9 West End shows heading to Norwich in 2023
- 5 Congestion eases after crash on outskirts of Norwich by A47 junction
- 6 Four taken to hospital after crash involving ambulance on A146
- 7 Brick and flint north Norfolk cottage a stone's throw from the beach on sale for £650k
- 8 Norfolk man's relatable videos earn him millions of views and celeb fans
- 9 Adder warning in coastal areas as snakes come out to bask
- 10 Can you spot yourself in our pictures from Reepham Festival?
West Brom had previously been linked with the forward, who is international team-mates with City summer signing, Congo captain Youssouf Mulumbu.
South London Today believe Norwich and Hull will compete for Charlton midfielder Jordan Cousins. The Addicks academy product impressed last season and has reportedly been tracked by Arsenal – like so many others.
Newcastle and Aston Villa, as with most transfer targets this summer, have also been linked.
However, while reports City have made a bid for Hull's Ireland international Robbie Brady were plastered here, there and everywhere on Friday, they also appear to be premature. Brady was one of the first names City were linked with following promotion, and while the midfielder may well want an immediate top-flight return, Hull are keen to keep hold of their man – and if he is to go, would want a lot of money.
Mark Bunn has revealed on Twitter he will have a medical on Monday at his new club – although the goalkeeper released by City this summer will wait until then before confirming his destination.
And former City first-team coach Paul Trollope is set to be Chris Coleman's new assistant manager with Wales, alongside his role as head coach at Cardiff.
He will replace Fulham boss Kit Symons, who has stepped down from his international role.