Rumour mill: Norwich City make improved bid for Wolves striker
- Credit: PA
Norwich City have made an improved offer for Wolves striker Benik Afobe, according to reports.
The Canaries had a bid for the 22-year-old rejected last week prompting the Midlands club to issue a statement insisting 'neither Benik or any of Wolves' first team players will be sold this season'.
This hasn't been enough to dissuade City from making a second bid for the former Arsenal man, who hit 32 goals last season for Wolves and MK Dons.
Newcastle boss Steve McClaren is also apparently monitoring the situation having already had a bid rejected earlier in the window.
Despite the uncertainty around his future Afobe has started the season as he finished the last, scoring three goals in Wolves' opening five games.
You may also want to watch:
The Mirror also claim Norwich are keen on bringing Tottenham youngster Alex Pritchard to Carrow Road on a season-long loan if Saido Berahino completes a move from West Brom to White Hart Lane.
- 1 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 2 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 3 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 4 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 5 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 6 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 7 Cannabis stash worth about £2000 found hidden in home
- 8 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 9 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 10 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach