Rumour Mill: Norwich City go cold on Joaquin Larrivey transfer
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City have reportedly cooled their interest in Celta Vigo striker Joaquin Larrivey after the Argentine forward had travelled to England to seal a Carrow Road move.
Football website, Fichajes.com, claimed on Sunday lunchtime City have opted not to complete a deal for the 30-year-old, with quotes from his representative, Daniel dos Reis, insisting the prospective transfer had not collapsed due to personal terms or any issues with the medical.
City boss Alex Neil refused to be drawn on the link to Larrivey when questioned following the club's opening pre-season 7-0 friendly win at Gorleston as he looks to bolster his squad for the Premier League kick-off at Crystal Palace.
Fichajes.com report Neil met the player and his advisor on Friday as he prepared to undergo his medical after City had reached an agreement with Celta. Reports prior to the weekend sugested Larrivey would sign a two-year deal, with the option of a further year, for a transfer in the region of £1.5m.
Dos Reis is reportedly quoted as saying, 'There has not been any problem that may have lead to this. Nor has there been any change in the numbers of the operation. This is a total lack of seriousness, professionalism and ethics by Norwich.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 2 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country
- 3 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 4 Neighbours of murdered woman tell of terrifying scene in close
- 5 Police name murder victim, who died of 'severe head injury'
- 6 Firefighters dash to tackle blaze at coastal holiday resort
- 7 Police child safety team raid house to arrest man
- 8 Couple's heartbreak leads to 28 hour stream to support baby loss charity
- 9 Banham Poultry evacuated in suspected chemical incident
- 10 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women