Rumour Mill: Norwich City eye up Sheffield Wednesday defender Tom Lees in January swoop
- Credit: PA WIRE
Norwich City are keeping tabs on Sheffield Wednesday's highly-rated centre-back Tom Lees ahead of the January transfer window.
The 24-year-old has been earning rave reviews in the Owls' backline during an 11-game unbeaten run which has propelled them up the Championship table and into the quarter-finals of the Capital One Cup after a 3-0 win over Arsenal.
The Daily Mail claimed on Thursday afternoon Lees could be on Alex Neil's radar ahead of the opening of the New Year transfer window. City made no secret of their bid to bring in a central defender last summer, with the likes of Virgil van Dijk heavily linked to a potential Carrow Road switch before joining Southampton from Celtic.
Michael Turner and Gary Hooper are both currently on loan at Hillsborough and City's prospects of landing Lees could hinge on the Owls' promotion prospects early in the New Year.
The 6ft Lees has made 59 league appearances for Wednesday after starting his career as a trainee at Leeds United before loan stints at Bury and Accrington Stanley.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 3 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 4 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 6 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 7 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 8 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 9 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 10 Woman who bit an officer among eight people arrested in town