Rumour Mill: Norwich City agree deal to sell Gary Hooper to Sheffield Wednesday
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Norwich City striker Gary Hooper is on the verge of sealing a permanent switch to Sheffield Wednesday.
Sky Sports claim the Canaries have agreed a deal to sell the 27-year-old to the Owls and that the deal will be completed today.
Hooper joined City for a reported £5million after a prolific spell of 82 goals in 137 matches for Scottish giants Celtic but struggled for consistency with Norwich.
Last season he scored 12 goals to help the Canaries to promotion back to the Premier League but joined Wednesday on loan in October after limited involvement this season.
After a quiet start to his time at Hillsborough the former Scunthorpe hotshot scored six in the final six games of his loan and the play-off chasers are keen to see him return.
'I want to stay, I like it here. It's a good squad and we're winning games,' Hooper told the Sheffield Star after scoring both goals in a 2-0 home win over local rivals Leeds on Saturday.
'I'm scoring goals and playing games. I'm happy here and we've just got to see what happens now.'
- 1 The school where boys can wear skirts - but not shorts
- 2 Woman in her 20s dies in A47 crash
- 3 Cyclist in her 50s dies in A11 crash
- 4 Redundancy leads to Norfolk mum earning up to £3,000 a month
- 5 Man jealous of ex-wife's new relationship burnt down house
- 6 How much will Great Yarmouth's new Marina Centre cost?
- 7 Breckland builder dumped toilet cisterns and bathroom items in front garden
- 8 Michael Bublé concert bans chairs and blankets from gig
- 9 Husband sues hospital over 'medical neglect' death of wife
- 10 Car seen driving on the wrong side of the A47
Hooper scored a total of 20 goals in 70 games for the Canaries.