RUMOUR MILL: Leeds United receive £5m bid from Championship rival for reported Norwich City target Ross McCormack
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
Leeds United have received a £5m bid from an unnamed Championship club for reported Norwich City target Ross McCormack.
The Canaries were recently touted with a summer move for the Scottish international who was last season's 28-goal top scorer in the Championship, with the 27-year-old attracting interest from a host of clubs in the top two divisions of English football.
City made their first foray into the market last week to recruit Bournemouth striker Lewis Grabban but new boss Neil Adams has made no secret of his desire to bolster the club's striking options after the club's Premier League relegation.
The Yorkshire Evening Post revealed on Friday lunchtime Leeds have received the £5m bid for McCormack within the past 24 hours.
Championship play-off final losers Derby County have also been heavily linked with McCormack in recent days, although the Derby Telegraph reported later on Friday afternoon the Rams were not believed to be the unnamed Championship club.
United's Italian owner Massimo Cellino is now reportedly considering the offer but is not due back in England until Sunday.
The Evening Post state Newcastle United made an enquiry last week but the Magpies denied tabling a formal bid, despite Cellino claiming to have rejected a 'substantial offer' from St James' Park. McCormack signed a four-year deal 12 months ago but the departure of Whites' boss Brian McDermott earlier this summer could trigger the coveted striker's exit. Former Rangers trainee McCormack has scored 53 goals in 137 appearances since joining Leeds in 2010.
- 1 The school where boys can wear skirts - but not shorts
- 2 Woman in her 20s dies in A47 crash
- 3 Cyclist in her 50s dies in A11 crash
- 4 Michael Bublé concert bans chairs and blankets from gig
- 5 Man jealous of ex-wife's new relationship burnt down house
- 6 Husband sues hospital over 'medical neglect' death of wife
- 7 How much will Great Yarmouth's new Marina Centre cost?
- 8 Norfolk's landmark vote to curb second homes
- 9 A11 reopens after air ambulance called to crash
- 10 Roadworks and closures to be aware of in Norfolk this week
Adams distanced City from speculation linking them with Blackburn hitman Jordan Rhodes follow Grabban's arrival, but Norwich are still in the market for fresh firewpower after a poor top flight goal return from Ricky van Wolfswinkel and Gary Hooper.
The Canaries have previously recruited Bradley Johnson, Jonny Howson, Robert Snodgrass and Luciano Becchio from Elland Road over recent seasons.