Rumour mill: Could Hull City man fit the bill for Norwich City?
- Credit: PA
The rumour mill has gone into overdrive as the 'informed experts' help Norwich City spend some of their hard-earned promotion cash.
The Canaries have been linked with a trio of top players – although the embarkation into the silly season is evident given some of the prices quoted.
City boss Alex Neil will want to strengthen his squad for the Premier League challenge ahead, and, according to several reports, Robbie Brady is a target.
The 23-year-old played for the Republic of Ireland against England in Dublin yesterday afternoon. The juxtaposition is perfect, given that Brady is heavily left-footed and plays in the same national side as City's veteran midfield wizard, Wes Hoolahan, who was left out of the starting line-up yesterday.
Brady may not fancy dropping down into the Championship with relegated Hull, but if there is any truth in the rumour, then the fantasy may come with the price tag, said to be £15m.
Half of that would, reportedly, get City James McArthur, of Crystal Palace, inset.
The 27-year-old Scottish international has been at Palace for a year, after a £7m move from Wigan, but the link is strengthened by the fact that McArthur played under Neil at Hamilton before joining Wigan in 2010.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 Couple explores Norfolk homes in Escape to the Country
- 3 What is this mystery tower that has sprung up in Norwich?
- 4 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 5 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 6 Drunk student crashed into hotel wall after drinking tequilas
- 7 MAPPED: Where thousands of homes could be built in north Norfolk
- 8 'Ghetto' fears raised over scheme for 725 new homes
- 9 Pub landlord threatened to kill man he chased through streets with axe
- 10 Which Norfolk hospital has the longest ambulance handovers?
The trio of links is made up by Aston Villa's 25-year-old right back Matthew Lowton – who was actually one of former City boss Paul Lambert's first signings at Villa, joining for £3m from Sheffield United in 2012.
Middlesbrough and Derby are also said to be interested.
City have also been linked with Manchester City's out-of-contract striker John Guidetti and Fulham forward Ross McCormack.