Rumour Mill: Blackburn defender Scott Dann available if Norwich City want him, but Michael Ciani starts for Lazio in cup semi-final
- Credit: PA
Manager Chris Hughton may have insisted Norwich City are not interested in Blackburn Rovers centre-back Scott Dann, but the Lancashire club's manager have admitted clubs are chasing the defender's signature.
Hughton dismissed a Dann deal at his pre-match press conference on Monday, saying: 'I want to deal in fact and we have not made a bid for Scott Dann.'
Local media in the north-west believe Crystal Palace are the main club trying to sign Dann, although Rovers manager Gary Bowyer said it would be 'wrong' to discuss any bids his club have received.
'There are clubs interested in Scott Dann,' Bowyer told the Lancashire Telegraph.
'But until they meet the valuation that the club has got on him, and until that is put in writing to the club, it is pure speculation.'
You may also want to watch:
Asked what would happen if a club met Dann's valuation, Bowyer said: 'That would be a decision for the people above me to make. I could only advise them on my opinion.'
On the back of two successive clean sheets and eight overall for the City defence so far this season, a centre-back may not appear to be a particular panic for Hughton.
- 1 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 2 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 3 Neighbours of murdered woman tell of terrifying scene in close
- 4 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country
- 5 Police name murder victim, who died of 'severe head injury'
- 6 Firefighters dash to tackle blaze at coastal holiday resort
- 7 Couple's heartbreak leads to 28 hour stream to support baby loss charity
- 8 Police child safety team raid house to arrest man
- 9 Three taken to hospital after eight crews battle holiday park blaze
- 10 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
But the City boss is without Michael Turner for 'a number of weeks' with a hamstring injury and has allowed Dani Ayala to join Middlesbrough permanently, leaving him with just Russell Martin as cover.
As such, national newspaper the Daily Mirror continues to link City with a loan deal for Lazio's centre-back Michael Ciani, although the Frenchman started a 1-0 Coppa Italia semi-final defeat at Napoli last night.