Rumour mill: Bids ‘rejected’ as Norwich City pursue Hull’s Robbie Brady
- Credit: PA
Norwich City have had three bids rejected by Hull for Republic of Ireland winger Robbie Brady – that's according to reports from BBC Humberside on Tuesday, suggesting the Canaries' third and latest offer was £3m.
The 23-year-old played more than 30 games for the Tigers as they were relegated from the Premier League last season, and is also a reported target for Aston Villa.
But City have featured more prominently in the speculation since their fate – and Hull's – was sealed in May, although the reported figures have swung wildly.
Initial speculation had pointed to the Tigers wanting £15m for the wide player, who has 13 caps and three goals for his country.
He has just a year left on his current deal – having cost £2m from Manchester United at the start of 2013 – but the reports from Humberside also suggested Hull are now looking to offer Brady a new contract.
The Daily Mail had initially claimed the Canaries' interest had cooled in the Ireland international, who underlined his versatility by keeping England's Raheem Sterling quiet operating at left-back in the close season goalless Dublin friendly against the Three Lions.
Brady was one of the bright spots in the Tigers' Premier League relegation and was said to be valued at £7m by the Tigers.
- 1 Massive care village and research park planned for edge of Norwich
- 2 Travellers set up 'unauthorised' camp in popular park
- 3 Mods and rockers taking over Norfolk town for classic bike and scooter meet
- 4 Large aircraft in shape of whale spotted above Norfolk
- 5 Why is Norfolk not introducing a hosepipe ban?
- 6 Dash cams help police prosecute 400 drivers in a year
- 7 Warning to pet owners after chocolate dumped in seaside village
- 8 'I'm sorry' - Woman behind cancelled festival offers customers £100,000
- 9 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 10 Can you spot yourself in the Classic Ibiza crowd at Blickling?
The Canaries were also linked with another potential full-back on Monday, in the Turkish media.
Galatasaray's experienced right-back Sabri Sarioglu is thought to be tempted to leave Istanbul for the Premier League.
The 30-year-old former Turkish international is another versatile defender who can play at right-back or right wing-back. Sarioglu has spent his entire club career with Gala and has one year left on his current contract with the Turkish champions.