Rumour mill: Bids ‘rejected’ as Norwich City pursue Hull’s Robbie Brady
- Credit: PA
Norwich City have had three bids rejected by Hull for Republic of Ireland winger Robbie Brady – that's according to reports from BBC Humberside on Tuesday, suggesting the Canaries' third and latest offer was £3m.
The 23-year-old played more than 30 games for the Tigers as they were relegated from the Premier League last season, and is also a reported target for Aston Villa.
But City have featured more prominently in the speculation since their fate – and Hull's – was sealed in May, although the reported figures have swung wildly.
Initial speculation had pointed to the Tigers wanting £15m for the wide player, who has 13 caps and three goals for his country.
He has just a year left on his current deal – having cost £2m from Manchester United at the start of 2013 – but the reports from Humberside also suggested Hull are now looking to offer Brady a new contract.
You may also want to watch:
The Daily Mail had initially claimed the Canaries' interest had cooled in the Ireland international, who underlined his versatility by keeping England's Raheem Sterling quiet operating at left-back in the close season goalless Dublin friendly against the Three Lions.
Brady was one of the bright spots in the Tigers' Premier League relegation and was said to be valued at £7m by the Tigers.
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 3 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 4 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 6 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 7 Man jailed for stealing underwear and sex toy from village house
- 8 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 9 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Talks held with United full-back
The Canaries were also linked with another potential full-back on Monday, in the Turkish media.
Galatasaray's experienced right-back Sabri Sarioglu is thought to be tempted to leave Istanbul for the Premier League.
The 30-year-old former Turkish international is another versatile defender who can play at right-back or right wing-back. Sarioglu has spent his entire club career with Gala and has one year left on his current contract with the Turkish champions.