Rumour Mill: Arsenal lining up a move for ex-Norwich City loanee Joseph Yobo?
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Arsene Wenger is reportedly looking to sign former Norwich City loanee Joseph Yobo to help ease Arsenal's current injury crisis.
Yobo joined the Canaries on loan last January from Fenerbahce, but could not help keep City in the Premier League and left the club following relegation.
It may have been that Yobo would have made a permanent switch to City had things worked out differently. Instead, the 34-year-old became a free agent in the summer following an difficult World Cup campaign with Nigeria.
The former national side captain made eight appearances – all starts – for City in the top flight last season, conceding 10 goals.
His final outcomes came in manager Chris Hughton's final game in charge, a 1-0 home defeat to West Bromwich Albion.
You may also want to watch:
Wenger is also said to be looking to former Albion defender Diego Lugano as another free agent solution to the Gunners' problems.
Mathieu Debuchy potentially needs an operation after damaging ankle ligaments, while Wenger had just three senior defenders available for Tuesday's 2-0 Champions League defeat at Borussia Dortmund.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 6 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 7 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 8 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 9 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 10 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault
Uruguayan Lugano made seven Premier League starts for the Baggies last term.