Rover the moon: Elliott Bennett delighted to link up with Paul Lambert after leaving Norwich City
- Credit: Archant
The opportunity to work under Paul Lambert again helped convince Elliott Bennett to sign for Blackburn Rovers.
The 27-year-old's departure from Norwich City was confirmed on Tuesday night after he penned a two-and-a-half year deal with the Championship club. And Bennett admits the chance to link up with Lambert – the man who brought him to Carrow Road from Brighton in 2011 – was a key reason behind his decision.
The wide man said: 'The manager is a massive draw for me. He gave me my break in the Premier League with Norwich and also Blackburn Rovers are a massive football club.
'The gaffer has been absolutely fantastic for my career and he showed a lot of faith in taking me from League One straight to the Premier League with Norwich and I really enjoyed my year there under him. So to be reunited with him is brilliant and hopefully I can repay his faith in me but also repay the club's faith in me.'
Bennett, who made 79 appearances for the Canaries before leaving for an undisclosed fee, was thought to be attracting the interest of a host of clubs after falling out of favour in Norfolk.
You may also want to watch:
He made 15 loan appearances at Bristol City this season before Lambert and Rovers came calling.
'I'm over the moon, as soon as I heard of the interest I was eager to come,' added the former Canary, speaking to Rovers' official website.
- 1 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 2 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 3 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 4 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 5 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 6 Norwich Bus Station building closed due to Covid ping
- 7 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 8 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 9 Joy and relief as Latitude passes off successfully
- 10 Dismay at appeal ruling on homes bid for site of former registry office
'Blackburn Rovers are such a big club is and I'm delighted that it has finally been done and I can't wait to get started. I got the call late Sunday night for it all to be done in a couple of days is fantastic and I'm just delighted that we have managed to do it.'
Bennett's only Norwich showing this term came in the 3-0 Capital One Cup win over West Brom in September.