Rob Green rules out any sentiment ahead of a Norwich City Championship return with Leeds United
- Credit: PA
Former Norwich City keeper Rob Green insists his Carrow Road return must be all business this weekend, with Leeds United aiming to put one over the Canaries in Saturday's Championship test.
Green sat out the recent EFL Cup penalty shoot-out win over his old club but has been head coach Garry Monk's first-choice in the league since arriving on a free transfer from QPR in the summer. The 36-year-old spent a decade in the first team set-up at Norwich and was a key figure in the side that earned promotion to the Premier League in 2003.
Green also forced his way into the England picture before moving to West Ham for a reported £2m in 2006 and the experienced stopper revealed he still has a soft spot for his first club.
'Norwich is a great club and a place where I still have a lot of friends, I look forward to going back there again,' he said. 'I left Norwich ten years ago, a week in football is a long time, so it feels like a lifetime ago now.
'It has all been positive recently, the head coach has tried to instill an identity and culture within the club. When you are winning games, that gets reafirrmed and the belief grows, it is great for everyone involved. We want to continue now over the next month and beyond, we have some tough fixtures, but we are in good spirits.
You may also want to watch:
'This is a monster of a club, if we can keep filling Elland Road, it will create a real cauldron of an atmosphere.'
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Police called to troublespot Norwich hotel 324 times in two years
- 3 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 4 Broadband down across Norfolk as Sky internet hit by issue
- 5 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 6 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 7 Police search undergrowth as man arrested for murder of missing woman
- 8 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 9 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 10 Former City skipper a frontrunner for Swansea job