Rickie Lambert ‘desperate’ for fresh West Brom chance against Norwich City
- Credit: PA
West Brom striker Rickie Lambert is 'desperate' to get a chance to end his goal drought when the Baggies face Norwich City on Saturday.
The 33-year-old is yet to score for Tony Pulis' team and has not started in any of Albion's last four Premier League games.
Lambert is behind Salomon Rondon, a £12million summer signing from Zenit St Petersburg, in the current pecking order ahead of this weekend's trip to Norfolk.
'I'm more desperate than anyone else. It's what I get paid for,' said Lambert, who signed from Liverpool for £3m in the summer, speaking to BBC West Midlands.
'I'm just going to keep working hard and hope it comes this Saturday. I know there's more to this role under Pulis than just scoring goals.
You may also want to watch:
'You get asked a lot more defensively than I've had in the past, but it's something you have to get used to and I'm trying to get as fit as I can. He's decided to go with Salomon Rondon at the minute, but I'm on the bench waiting for my chance.'
- 1 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 2 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 3 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 4 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 5 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 6 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 7 Cannabis stash worth about £2000 found hidden in home
- 8 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 9 Hunt for man in connection with drug dealing
- 10 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship