Revenge mission for Norwich City ahead of Brighton return
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Alan Irvine is banking on a stinging Championship mauling at Brighton sparking a revenge mission ahead of Friday's Carrow Road return (7.45pm).
Chris Hughton's first competitive visit to Carrow Road, and the newly-promoted Seagulls' title bid, rank well below the Canaries striving to set the record straight for Irvine, following a 5-0 league hammering on the south-coast in October.
'That was a painful day for everyone involved with Norwich and that is something that should probably be on the minds of the players for this game,' said Irvine. 'I think the lads who were involved should remember how they felt that day. I am not saying they go out and don't play with their brains but you don't like getting turned over in the manner of that defeat.
'It would certainly suggest to me we try to put that right. Apart from one mistake at the beginning of the game there wasn't a lot between the two teams in the first half, but it was an occasion when after the second goal we caved in and they took advantage.'
Irvine is delighted Hughton has bounced back from a sour end to his Norwich City reign.
You may also want to watch:
'I am a little biased because I like Chris a lot and I have known him a very long time. I think he is a terrific manager,' he said. 'I haven't heard anybody say a bad word about Chris. He does it in a very good way. He has a lovely manner about him, he behaves with great dignity at all times. I am absolutely delighted for him and I think he has been fantastic, to deal with the disappointment of missing out last year.'
- 1 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 2 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 3 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 4 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 5 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 6 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 7 Cannabis stash worth about £2000 found hidden in home
- 8 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 9 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 10 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach