Released City academy defender to face Lynn and Lowestoft after signing for Tamworth
- Credit: Andy Kearns/Focus Images Limited
Owen Wallis has signed for Tamworth following his release from Norwich City at the end of last season.
The centre-back was with the Canaries from the age of nine and made 17 appearances for City's under-23s last season, scoring twice, after signing a professional deal last summer.
The 19-year-old has now signed for Evo-Stik Southern Premier Division Central side Tamworth, who play at step three of the non-league pyramid and will face King's Lynn and Lowestoft this season.
'Owen's a good signing for us,' Lambs boss Mike Fowler told Birmingham Live. 'Last year he was Norwich City's under-23s captain and I know their coach, Matt Gill, thought he'd get offered a professional deal.
'We have managed to take him on board and I'm delighted. Owen's only 19 but he's an intelligent player who has got great technical ability.
You may also want to watch:
'He is someone who can defend smartly. He reads the game well and he's a fantastic passer of the ball, which will be key for us.'
- 1 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 2 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country
- 3 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 4 Neighbours of murdered woman tell of terrifying scene in close
- 5 Police name murder victim, who died of 'severe head injury'
- 6 Firefighters dash to tackle blaze at coastal holiday resort
- 7 Police child safety team raid house to arrest man
- 8 Couple's heartbreak leads to 28 hour stream to support baby loss charity
- 9 Banham Poultry evacuated in suspected chemical incident
- 10 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women