Released Canaries defender earns Premier League deal
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Leicester City have signed released Norwich City right-back Louis Ramsay.
The 20-year-old was among the youngsters not given a new contract at the end of last season by the Canaries but has now earned a deal with the Premier League side.
Ramsay was with Tottenham Hotspur as a youngster but joined City's U18s in 2014 and went on to sign a two-year professional contract in 2016.
He was named among the substitutes for the first team in January 2017 under former manager Alex Neil, as an injury-hit squad travelled to Southampton for an FA Cup third round replay, but never made his debut.
The defender spent last season on loan at National League side Woking and was a regular, making 30 appearances, despite missing two months with an ankle injury.
You may also want to watch:
Ramsay has bounced back from his release by earning a deal with the Foxes though, where former Norwich U23 head coach Dmitri Halajko is the head of technical coaching.
The full-back was a regular under Halajko for City's U23s during the 2016-17 season, making 31 appearances. He has been on trial with the Foxes during pre-season and featured in recent friendly games.
Ramsay scored two memorable Carrow Road goals during his time at Norwich, scoring the winner in a Premier League International Cup win over Villarreal U21s and a late equaliser during a dramatic 5-4 FA Youth Cup victory over Middlesbrough.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 4 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 5 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 6 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 7 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 8 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 9 City confirm midfielder exit
- 10 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
• Watch Ramsay's goal against Villarreal above