Starting XIs: Cantwell handed league debut and Stiepermann shakes off knock as City take on Reading
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Academy product Todd Cantwell has been handed his league debut for Norwich City, ahead of tonight's Championship clash at Reading.
The Dereham-raised playmaker is the only change to City's starting XI, replacing the injured Onel Hernandez, with Marco Stiepermann shaking off a hip problem to retain his starting place. The 20-year-old has featured regularly on the bench this season but has only featured in the Carabao Cup so far.
Young keeper Aston Oxborough also comes on to the bench to ensure the visitors meet the homegrown quota of seven players – his first ever senior involvement. Borussia Dortmund loanee Felix Passlack is also included on the bench for a league game for the first time.
The Canaries got their season back on track at the weekend with an impressive 1-0 defeat of promotion hopefuls Middlesbrough at Carrow Road.
Daniel Farke's team have not won any of their last 12 away games in the Championship though, stretching back to a 1-0 victory at Brentford in January.
You may also want to watch:
Reading picked up their first victory of the season on Saturday when they won 3-2 at Preston but have lost all three of their league games at the Madejski Stadium so far – and won just two of their last 16 Championship games on home soil.
The Royals are unchanged from that game, but Mo Barrow is on the bench after missing that game and Iran international Saeid Ezatolahi is included for the first time since signing on loan.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Police called to troublespot Norwich hotel 324 times in two years
- 3 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 4 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 5 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 6 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 7 Police search undergrowth as man arrested for murder of missing woman
- 8 Norfolk Day 2021: Your must-have guide to all events
- 9 Man in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 10 Former City skipper a frontrunner for Swansea job
Norwich: Krul; Aarons, Zimmermann, Klose, Lewis; Tettey (C), Leitner; Buendia, Stiepermann, Cantwell; Pukki. Subs: Oxborough (GK), Godfrey, Trybull, Vrancic, Passlack, Srbeny, Rhodes
Reading: Walker; Gunter, Ilori, Moore (C), Yiadom; Bacuna, Kelly; Aluko, Swift, Meite; Baldock. Subs: Jaakkola (GK), O'Shea, Barrow, Sims, Ezatolahi, Bodvarsson, McNulty