Reading’s Sean Morrison wants first clean sheet ahead of Norwich City clash
Reading defender Sean Morrison has revealed his next big target – a priceless clean sheet.
The Royals are still looking for their first shut-out of the season after conceding in all nine of their Premier League games so far. And they were ruthlessly exposed by Arsenal in the Capital One Cup last week when the Gunners won 7-5 after being 4-0 down.
Morrison played in the rollercoaster tie and, despite the scoreline, he kept his place for a Premier League debut in the 1-1 draw against Queens Park Rangers at Loftus Road last Sunday.
Now the 21-year-old defender is poised to make his second top-flight appearance against the Canaries.
The 6ft 4in centre-back said: 'The aim for the back four and goalkeeper is to keep a clean sheet. We haven't managed to do it yet but that's what we are working towards.
You may also want to watch:
'You have to win games against the teams around you. When you go to Manchester United and Liverpool you aren't expected to win and if you come away with something it's a bonus. But games like Norwich are different.'
- 1 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 2 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 3 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 4 Neighbours of murdered woman tell of terrifying scene in close
- 5 Sales rep who died at nature reserve named at inquest
- 6 No-frills Norwich pub offers top-notch food and every dish is under £8
- 7 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 8 Police name murder victim, who died of 'severe head injury'
- 9 Firefighters dash to tackle blaze at coastal holiday resort
- 10 Widow threatened with debt collectors after funeral director’s bill blunder