Reaction: Norwich City relegated from the Premier League
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City were relegated from the Premier League for the second time in three seasons on Wednesday night. We have reaction here.
A 4-2 win over Watford at Carrow Road wasn't enough to prevent Alex Neil's side being relegated from the Premier League on Wednesday evening.
Sunderland beat Everton 3-0 to secure their survival in the top division, relegating Norwich and Newcastle in the process.
The Canaries' first win in six games proved academic with Sunderland's 3-0 victory against Everton at the Stadium of Light sealing City's swift return to the Championship.
Norwich will wrap up their top flight season at the Toffees this weekend before preparing again for life in the second tier just 12 months after promotion at Wembley.
You may also want to watch:
Troy Deeney opened the scoring when he cashed in on John Ruddy's spill but the hosts belied their recent struggles in front of goal with Nathan Redmond and Dieu Mbokani on target. Craig Cathcart then bundled Wes Hoolahan's cross past his keeper. Odion Igahlo notched Watford's second after the interval but Mbokani pounced to restore the Canaries' two-goal lead.
- 1 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 2 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 3 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 4 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 5 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 6 Horse dies two months after being set on fire
- 7 Norfolk receives overnight flood warnings
- 8 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 9 'It was like a river' - Flood damage forces couple to move out
- 10 Two Norfolk care homes among the best in region