Rate the Canaries players’ performances during narrow loss at Forest
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Did any of the Norwich City players emerge from last night's 1-0 loss at Nottingham Forest with credit? Here's your chance to let us know.
Former Ipswich striker Daryl Murphy proved the difference as City saw their winless Championship slump extend to five games.
The Canaries were narrowly beaten 1-0 at Forest after a game lacking in much quality, with veteran forward Murphy settling the encounter in the 77th minute. Home substitute Mustapha Carayol crossed from the right and 34-year-old Murphy darted across Christoph Zimmermann – who had replaced Timm Klose at the break – to poke home from close range.
It was a touch harsh on a City side who had looked brighter than during Saturday's 1-1 home draw with Barnsley but the closest Daniel Farke's team had come to scoring was a Nelson Oliveira free-kick early in the second half, tipped wide by Forest keeper Jordan Smith.
City return to action on Saturday when former boss Alex Neil brings his Preston North End team to Carrow Road, with the Canaries looking to bring an end to a six-game winless streak on home soil.
You may also want to watch:
• Let us know your ratings above
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 3 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 4 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 5 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 6 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 7 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 8 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain
- 9 Norfolk hit by thunderstorms and heavy hail
- 10 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale