‘QPR’s disappointing season ended with a whimper as they were comfortably beaten by Norwich City’: The opposition media gives its take on NCFC’s 4-0 win against Queens Park Rangers
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
John Ruddy got the farewell he wanted with Norwich City romping to an emphatic 4-0 Championship win against QPR on the final day of the season. But not everyone was happy with the result. Here's what getwestlondon, the opposition media, had to say about this afternoon's match.
'Queens Park Rangers' disappointing Championship campaign ended with a whimper as they were comfortably beaten by Norwich City,' wrote reporter Matt Storey.
'Wes Hoolahan's deflected first half effort gave the Canaries a deserved lead, after Josh Murphy had hit the bar with an effort from distance and Joel Lynch cleared Nelson Oliviera's effort off the line,' he continued.
'Pawel Wszolek saw an clipped left-footed shot was tipped onto the bar as the opening half drew to a close and Norwich increased their lead after the break.
'Alex Pritchard's first effort was blocked, but he made no mistake with the second firing past Alex Smithies. And it was a similar story for the third, as Josh Murphy slipped the ball past Smithies at the second time.
You may also want to watch:
'The fourth came in added-on time, as Cameron Jerome passed the ball across to Wes Hoolahan when Smithies closed him down, and the veteran passed it into an empty net.'
How did you rate QPR's performance? Let us know in the comments below.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 3 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 4 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 5 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 6 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 7 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 8 Fly-tippers dumped dead relative's rubbish – just half a mile from recycling centre
- 9 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
- 10 Norfolk couple's hopes of £1m 'doorstop' sculpture dashed